Chemical Etching Technology for Polyimide Film and the Solution
Using our patented, safe chemical agents, this is a revolutionary new method of polyimide film etching for new forms of semiconductor packages such as CSP and T-BGA.
- Polyimide film can be processed for blind-via or through-hole formation by chemical etching.
- TPE3000, which is used as a key chemical of the unique technology, is non-hydrazine type solution of alkaline nature.
- The solution can process various kinds of polyimide films and 2-layer films available in the market (Kapton, Apical, Upilex, Espanex, etc.).
- Both DFR (Dry Film Resist) and copper mask can be used as its etching mask.
- The chemical etching technology with TPE3000 assures overall cost reduction and higher productivity than with conventional mechanical processing technologies.
Through-hole for liquid crystal polymer
At present, liquid crystal polymers are commercially available from a number of companies.
Some polyimide substrates may be replaced with liquid crystal polymers, but we have developed etching solutions for liquid crystal polymers as a new series of the polyimide etching solution "TPE3000."
The photo shows an example of processing with a liquid crystal polymer thickness of 125µm and a bottom diameter of 400μm.
|Object Material||Polyimide, 2-layer materials (cast, sputtered)|
|Object Material||Cu mask: 55-65 deg.|
|DFR: 40-45 deg.|
|Appearance||Transparent and colorless liquid|
|PH||About PH13 (when diluted 100 times)|
|Regulation||Poisonous and Deleterious Substances Control Law, Deleterious Substance (IMDG8, IATA8)|
|Waste Chemical Processing||Vendor pickup|
- CONTACT US
Tokyo office: +81-3-3241-1769
Shiga office: +81-77-544-6221